Pasta with fresh veggies. Good healthy eating hot or cold.
|1||pk||whole wheat pasta (Round or spiral pasta works great)|
|1||bn||cherry tomatoes (About a handful)|
|1||bell pepper (Use red or yellow for extra color)|
|1||red onion (small)|
|3||pn||fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, parsley, basil, or cilantro all work great)|
|1||pn||salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Boil a pot of water. Add ½ tablespoon of salt.
- When the water boils, add the pasta, and reduce to a simmer.
- After a minute, stir the pasta.
- Check the pasta's cooking time on the box.
- Do not overcook the pasta! It should be firm to the tooth (al dente).
- Drain the pasta, add a tablespoon of olive oil and stir.
If the pasta has been cooked too long, drain immediately and run pasta under cold water to stop it from cooking any longer.
- Dice the carrots, zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper and onion.
- Mince garlic well.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Saute the onions and peppers in light oil until the onions become clear (translucent) and the peppers have slightly softened. Add halved tomatoes and zucchini and cook until heated through and zucchini is translucent.
- Blanch the carrots and broccoli. (Dunk them in the boiling water for 1 minute)
- Mince fresh herbs.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh and dried herbs with pasta. Toss it like a salad.
- Combine vegetables with pasta and top with cheese.
Choose WHOLE GRAIN pasta
*EAT a RAINBOW of vegetables*